Today First Swine Flu Case Near My Area is reported. Now a days, Swine Flu brings up a lot of extra fear and worry, it is important to note that swine flu is just an influenza A H1N1 virus. But still it bring more panic to public because due to lack of medicines and Test labs.
The big difference is that the current swine influenza A (H1N1) virus has components of pig and bird influenza viruses in it, so that humans don’t have any immunity to it. That is what made it more likely that it would become a pandemic virus because it could easily spread from person-to-person.
Precautions From Swine Flu:
- Get a regular seasonal flu vaccination. It might not help against this specific strain, but it won’t hurt.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot running water. If hot water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- When you cough and sneeze, cover your mouth and nose. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid being near others who might be sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, to avoid affecting others.
Symptoms of Swine Flu:
- High fever
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Running nose
- Fatigue or tiredness, which can be extreme
- Diarrhea and vomiting, sometimes, but more commonly seen than with seasonal flu.
- Breathing problem.