Wow I can’t believe this! Finally this day has come. Who ever thought this would happen today.
Sachin Tendulkar created history by slamming the first double hundred in a one day international against South Africa at the Captain Roop Singh Stadium in Gwalior today. The master at almost 37 age, who has been ruling the game of cricket for over two decades, has become the first batsman in the history of ODI cricket to hit a double hundred. Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar added another feather to his cap. In this match against South Africa, Sachin has scored 200* (notout) there were 25 fours and 3 sixes. He made this run at a strike rate of 136.05. India scored 401/3.
It is so great to watch Sachin Tendulkar playing and shares the joy of watching an epical innings with millions of his fans all over India and the world.
It was my dream come true when sachin hits the double century, where i am seeing him in my own eyes. wow!! This was his 46st century… the record get higher and higher..
He is the true master…He got his 200 which is much better innings than any body else. Hard to describe this cricketing god.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar previous best was 186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in November 1999. Sachin today hitting the first-ever double hundred in ODI, Tendulkar surpassed the previous records set by Zimbabwean Charles Coventry (194* against Bangladesh) and Pakistani batsmen Saeed Anwar (194 against India).
Sachin has already scored 46 hundreds in ODI and 47 tons in test cricket.
- Is there anymore record to Break ?
- He is the Highest run getter in test
- He is the highest run getter in One-Day internationals
- He holds Most Centuries in test
- He has become the first batsman in the history of ODI cricket to hit a double hundred.
- He is the highest run getter in One-Day internationals in an innings
- He holds Most Centuries in One-Day internationals
- Youngest Player to score 1000 runs at age 19
- Highest Opening partnership in One-dayers
- He is the first cricketer to score 20000 runs (include both test &One-dayers)
- Among those who have played over 100 test matches, he is the only one with a batting average above 55.
- He is the fastest to score 10,000 runs in test cricket history. He holds this record along with Brian Lara. Both of them achieved this feat in 195 innings.
- He has broken the record for the maximum centuries in International cricket (ODI + Test)
- He is the Highest run getter in world cup history.
- Many more which I couldn’t know because records get stumbled when he come to cricket ground.
Some of the cricketing greats speak about batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar:
Mathew Hayden: I have seen God, he bats at number 4 for India in test.
Hashim Amla, the South African batsma: Nothing bad can happen to us if we’re on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it.
Yaseer Hameed in pakistani newspaper: Sometimes you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job.
Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin: To Sachin, the man we all want to be.
Brian Charles Lara: Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.
Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997): We did not lose to a team called India…we lost to a man called Sachin.
M. L. Jaisimha: The more I see of him the more confused I’m getting to which is his best knock.
Glen McGrath: The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility – all make for a one-in-a-billion individual.
Waqar Younis: He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also.
Andy Flower: There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others.
A hoarding in England: Commit all your sins when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed coz even the GOD is watching.
A banner in Sharjah: I Will See God When I Die But Till Then I Will See Sachin.
Peter Rebouck – Aussie journalist: On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India.
Fan of Sachin From Me (Rajesh): What to tell about sachin still?..When sachin hits century even India lose we celebrate. We never give up hopes on sachin. Sachin never gives hopes on cricket.